Do I Need a Trust?
One of the most common questions I am asked is - Do I need a Trust? A common misconception is that Trusts are only for rich people with potential tax problems. Nothing could be further from the truth. The reality is that non-tax benefits of Trusts are principal reason most clients should consider implementing a Trust based plan.
- Do you want to avoid probate?
- Do you want to maintain your privacy?
- Do you have a blended family?
- Do you want to maintain control of your assets while you are alive and well?
- Do you want to have dignity and control if you become disabled?
- Do you want to efficiently move your assets to your surviving spouse or other beneficiaries?
- Do you want to plan for income and estate taxes?
- Do you want to provide beneficiaries with:
- Creditor Protection, Predator Protection, Re-marriage Protection, Protection for Special Needs Beneficiaries?
- Do you want to leave a legacy?
- Do you want to create a plan that will allow your family the best opportunity to move forward without conflict?
If any of these apply to you, a Trust based plan may be just the answer you are looking for.